Monday, June 4, 2012

Venus Transits The Sun...June 5, 2012...

(Venus)
Within the next day or so, we in the US will be able to witness a rare occurrence in the cosmos as Venus Transits the Sun.  I found the info below online, and thought I would share.  It gives some great historical background, who will get to see it happening and when, plus some safety guidelines for staring at the Sun (I recommend those interested in viewing things take heed of those...).

I should be able to view it during tomorrow's Sunset...knocking wood.  We have had sporadic cloud cover over the last couple of days, as we've been getting intermittent thunderstorms.  I do love the rain, but would love to see this, too.

Like I said...knocking wood...



Find out about the planet Venus' dramatic trip across the face of the sun in June 2012 in this SPACE.com infographic.
Source SPACE.com: All about our solar system, outer space and exploration

No comments:

Post a Comment