Friday, August 10, 2012

Happy 29th, Mr. Hemsworth...


It's not often that I post shout-outs on my blog dedicated to celebrities celebrating a birthday. That being said, this is one of those posts...and I'm tapping into my inner-teenager for this one...

In case you haven't figured it out already, this post is a nod to, Chris "Thor" Hemsworth. Anyone who knows me (personally, or through the 'walls' of Facebook), knows that I admire his talent. (Okay...I dig his physical attributes, as well. *grin* Can you blame me?) But seriously, he is a talented actor, and has done a great job of bringing the Asgardian deity, Thor, to life. Ancient mythos, and comic books, are both on a laundry list of things that are right up my alley, so why not give Chris a birthday nod for bringing my favorite Asgardian to life?

Born in Melbourne, Australia, on August 11, 1983, Chris Hemsworth's first Hollywood appearance was as James Tiberius Kirk's father, George Samuel Kirk, in the most recent feature film production of "Star Trek" (2009). That role was followed up with his great turn as the hammer wielding Norse god, "Thor" (2011). Other films he has starred in are Joss Whedon's, "Cabin In The Woods" (2011), "Snow White & The Huntsman" (2012), and of course "The Avengers" (2012).

Before I get to the "imagery" of the post, I feel the need to add some props to the individuals who created the GIF's, whoever they may be (they are all GIF's I came across when surfing the net, and no 'credits' were ever available).

Happy 29th Birthday, Chris!






























...and lastly, to my friends who were a part of the collective eye-roll I sensed as I started to put this post together...this GIF's for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment